Botanical Name:Vanilla Planifolia
Parts Used:Cured Vanilla Beans
Common Name:Vannilla,Sweet Bean,Vanilla Poda
Vanilla has a vast list of uses.It is one of the most commonly used agents in cosmetic industry and doesn’t require any introduction. Itis used in the forms of cream,lotions,and candles and extensively in deserts.
It is a native to Central America and Mexico.This native perennial herbaceous vine grows upto a height of 25 meters and can grow up to a height of 80 feet in its natural habitat.The fruit beard by this tree measures 6-9 inches length and resembles bean pods. Madagascar is one of the largest producers of vanilla where this perennial herbaceous vine is cultivated the most.The pollination of the trumpet shape flower of vanilla crop is done manually.However,this process in Mexico is carried out naturally by the humming bird.The green capsules or the fruit from the plant is picked and cured while the fermentation of immature vanilla pods or bean is carried out in order to obtain a brown vanilla bean.
The method of solvent extraction is used to extract the oil out of resins which are obtained from fermented vanilla beans.
Commonly Known Benefits
- The Vanilla bean oil has many essential properties such as it can improve immunity, it enhances memory and prevents nervous malfunction, loss of vision or mental stability by flushing out the oxidizers. One can protect his or her body from natural wear and tear and even cancer by its anti-oxidants as its antioxidants neutralize free radicals.
- Sexual life can be improved by using the vanilla oil as it treats the conditions like erectly dysfunction; loss of libido, frigidity and other such problems and it also has a soothing and calming fragrance. It helps in the arousal of sexual feelings as it helps in the secretion of estrogen and testosterone which are sex hormone.
- It increases body's immunity and its succumbing to diseases. It prevents the growth of cancer cells as it is an effective anti-carcinogenic.Vanilla oil is very rich in eugenol which helps the body to fight the infection and also helps to reduce fever. It also provides relief from inflammation due to its sedative properties.
- The sweet smelling aroma of vanilla helps in upliftment of spirits and makes one feel better. Due to its rich and warm fragrance it is very helpful in fighting depression.
- It also helps in easing inflammation that is caused as a result of fever and convulsions etc and also soothes inflammation and hyperactivity which include respiratory,circulatory,digestive,nervous and excretory system.
- This oil provides a great relief to neuro system due to its calming effect on body and brain and also helps in fighting anger, restlessness and anxiety.