FENNEL SEED OIL
Fennel seed oil is generally used in aromatherapy as it helps in enhancing your courage, energy and it encourages in resolving the strength and face adversity. Many problems like digestive disorders, obesity and oily skin can be treated by the use of fennel seed oil. It also helps in fighting signs of ageing.
The name of fennel is derived from Latin word ‘foenum’ which means ‘hay’. It can grow up to 2 meter in height and it can be cultivated twice a year. This herb is also perpetual which is grown regularly over a period of time and because of its feathery leaves and golden yellow flowers bees get attracted to this plant.
In the medieval times ,it was also known by the name of ‘fenkel’ and it was highly popular in china and Egyptians and romans believed that fennel herb helps in promoting longevity, potency and courage. It was also used by the Egyptians and romans to improve the vision and treat venomous snake bites.
The fennel essential oil is extracted from its seed that is crushed and then processed by steam distillation method to yield about 2-4% of oil. Bitter fennel oil is not used for the aromatherapy and it is also extracted by crushing the seeds or by crushing the whole herb.
COMMONLY KNOWN BENEFITS
- It is mainly used as an antidepressant drug which helps in relieving the stress and depression of any kind or caused by any reason. Melancholia can be fighted by the use of this oil.
- Fennel seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in easing the irritation of the wound and prevents the spreading of infection.
- It can alleviate the symptoms of sickness and nausea can also be treated by the use of this oil.
- Its antibacterial properties prevents spreading of bacteria and controls its infection.
- Fennel seed oil is highly beneficial for treating intestinal colic, strong muscle spasm as well as hurt and upset stomach.
- Its diuretic property helps in releasing the excess of water from the body in the form of urine. It is also helpful in the treatment of urinary tract infection which is a common problem found amongst the women.
- The therapeutic property of the fennel seed oil are aperitif, antispasmodic, carminative, depurative, expectorant, stimulant, tonic and vermifuge.
- It is the one of the best remedies for digestive problems such as flatulence, constipation, colic, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, dyspepsia and hiccups.
- It is also used by the person suffering from obesity as it cuts the appetite and promotes feeling of fullness. Its diuretic property also helps in removing the cellulite from the body.
- The funnel oil has relaxing effects which beneficial for mind as it gives courage and strength to the mind. Cleaning and toning, removal of excess oil from the skin, fighting the wrinkles and many other skin problems can be cured by the use of the fennel seed oil.
- The fennel seed oil helps in toning of the spleen and liver. It is also proven that it is beneficial for increasing the lactation process in nursing mothers.